RISD museum fun
AAAAAH my game of thronesy/lotr inspired lamp I did for my spatial dynamics final got featured on the RISD portfolios website! yaaay :D
I’m actually going to try to start making/posting some decent stuff here- not that this number 10 thingy is all that wonderful but ey, it’s getting published in GQ so why not put it here too. (I have more stuff I did for them but I’ll be honest, the stuff I’ve done isn’t my best work)
GQ Thailand will finally be on newsstands this August 26th so .. yeah! check it out if you can!
Anyways I’ve stopped working for a month now due to super serious health problems/being hospitalised so yay (and I’m not sure if I’ll even be going back to uni this semester which is pretty stressful.)
so yeah just a quick update.
Hello to all my new followers aaah and thanks to people reblogging my stuff! I’ll try to upload some cool things
feel free to ask questions/message me!
edit: this illustration (and the article) wasn’t in the first issue- It miggghht be in the next one tho :)
aaah thank yoou! x
Hi i love the stuff you post and was considering going to RISD do you think you could tell me about your time there and what you like/dislike about it?
Thank you so much! It’s nice to know that there are people out there who like my work haha
okay~ sooooo~ to answer your question about my time at RISD:
I’ve only just finished my freshman year at RISD and I’m going to become a sophomore majoring in Illustration in the upcoming Fall semester. So I don’t know how helpful I’ll be, but I’ll just list some things that I like and dislike so far ~
1. The first thing that comes to mind is the community. I’ve met a lot of amazing people with similar interests and it is just so nice to be surrounded by people that are passionate about the same things you are. People are also really supportive (especially with the LGBTQ stuff), understanding, and super friendly. In my personal experience I’ve learnt so much from my peers, in and outside of class. Not gonna lie there’s a lot of competition. There’s a lot of insanely talented people and that typically puts a bit of pressure on students (lol me in particular).
2. The resources (facilities etc.) that RISD has to offer are great. Not to mention that we have access to the facilities at Brown University too e.g. the gym and libraries. The Nature Lab, the RISD Museum and the Fleet Library are just a few things of awesome at RISD.
3. Can I just mention midnight pizza. haha They serve unlimited pizza till 1 am during weekdays at the Met (the canteen). yaaaas
4. RISD has this thing called Winter session /best 6 weeks ever/- go read about it here: http://www.risd.edu/academics/wintersession/
5. One thing that sucks about RISD is that it has a super expensive tuition fee D: . Not to mention that the supplies they sell at the RISD store are also pretty pricey (you get discounts as a RISD student but they’re still pretty pricey :/).
6. RISD is one of those art schools with a Foundation Studies year. It was actually one of the reasons as to why I was drawn to RISD- because I still didn’t know what I wanted to really major in in uni. I have mixed feelings about the FS year but I can say that it has helped me figure things out a little more (like what I like doing and stuff~). The workload was pretty crazy but it’s manageable. (I will admit that I have terrible time management but it’s definitely improved. haha)
yeah. I think 5 and 6 are pretty important things to consider if you’re gonna apply to RISD
I’m not the most eloquent person/writer but I hope this was helpful!
Feel free to ask more questions about anything!
Have a nice day!
did a quick drawing of Michelangelo’s David at work today for a thing
made him look a little less frustrated haha
I made a thing last night
It’s actually Thom from the Fake Plastic Trees MV.
Just gonna leave it heeeeereeeeeeeeeee ~( - w - ~ )
Finished illustrations for 2 more articles today. (working on another two at the moment)
Yes the guy is holding a ruler and a condom - It was for one of the Sex Talk columns haha talking about condom sizes and what not.
the coloured version will be published.